• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

German Aerial Reconnaissance Photographs

N

Nostromo

Hi. I have heard that it's possible to obtain copies of WW2 German aerial reconnaissance photographs of Birmingham but I've had no luck tracking any down so far. Does anybody else know if/how these can be obtained? I've also heard that there are detailed maps of Birmingham available which show the exact spots where all or most Luftwaffe bombs were dropped. Again, any information will be greatly appreciated as I have had no luck on this front either.

Nostromo
The following site states that they sell copies of some german aerial recon. photos, and list them. There is supposed to be the facilty to view a low resolution version on the site, but this doesn't seem to work

Mike

Yes,it is possible to obtain prints of Luftwaffe aerial reconnaissance photos.They are obtainable from Nigel J Clarke.Here is his website.
Click on 'Picture Library' and that will take you to the list of what is available.

Hi Nostromo
Haven't been there for 20 years but Birmingham's museum next to Big Brum use to have a WW2 Luftwaffe map on display.
Cheers

Austin Lancer

Back