• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

George EDMUNDS of 18, Horse Fair: a really 'Bad Apple'?

Brummie On Exmoor

master brummie
Please can anyone help? I was watching this thread as George Edmunds, a distant cousin who lived in the Horse Fair in the 1830s, ended up on the Hulks, as a young man.

I received a notice on Thursday that Alberta had replied to it, and that the thread had been moved to Surnames. But I cannot find it anywhere on the site, and when I click on the links on my email page, I get an 'Oops! We ran into some problems.' reply, and 'The requested thread could not be found.'

Please can anyone direct me to this thread?

Many thanks.

There is the thread that you posted in 2015 here…

Hi, it was me who moved your thread, we are having a complete clean out to redirect threads to a more appropriate section.
I cannot explain the disappearance , of your thread it has not happened to any others that I moved and I am really sorry.
Would it be possible for you to post the original post in Surnames and hopefully whoever added to it previously will do so again. . Alberta.

Hi Alberta,

Yes, I realised it was an admin thing.

Trouble is, I do not have the original thread, or what I put in it, though I DO have the URL to follow to the replies. One was by ladylinda on 21 11 12, at 21.32, and one by sistersue61 on the same date at 23.07. The URL is
http://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=40700&goto=newpost but if I follow it, it says I do not have Admin rights.

Don't know if any of that might help to track down the original post.

Jane

Back