• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

George Dolphin Help needed

joseph

Hi

Can anyone please look up a George Dolphin on the Census

This is my Great Grandfather He would have been born around 1875 as it states his Age as (32) on his Marriage Certificate dated 19th May 1907 to a Ann Conlon Aged 28
His Father was also a George Dolphin

I know they lived in Birmingham Aston/Digbeth area and that George Snr and George Jnr where both working as (Brassdresser) in Birmingham
But thats all I know about them
We are having trouble finding the right George Dolphin and his Mother and Father??

So any help or information would be great thanks

Joe

smtr

master brummie
Hi Joe
Is the marriage definitely 1907 and not 1901? as I can't see a 1907 marriage .If it is 1901 then his age at marriage of 32 would give him a birth date of 1869ish. Have you found him in any other census?
In 1871 living in Little Ann St
George Dolphin b1844 bham - brass dresser
Ann Dolphin b1846 bham - wife
Ann E Dolphin b1866 bham - daughter
Ellen Dolphin b1869 bham - daughter
George Dolphin b1871 bham 11 weeks old - son

Suzanne

Suzanne

suemalings

master brummie
The marriage registration is definately 1901:

George Dolphin -m- Ann Conlon, Birmingham June qtr. 1901

There is a birth reg for George Dolphin, Birmingham Mar qtr. 1871. That sounds like the one your found on the 1871 census.

joseph

Hi Suzanne

Thanks for taking the time to look for me

I have made a few calls and found out after all this time searching that a family member had my nans Birth Certificate her birth was 1917 and name was Mary Veronica Dolphin, It also show mother as Ann Conlon Father as
George Dolphin Ex-Soldier of 3rd Battalion Royal Warwickshire Regt and his Regimental Number as 15767
He Also spent 3 months in the 11th Battalion RWR

and on this Ive managed to get a friend to pull up his Enlistment papers dated June 1915

But his Name is listed as

George (RICHARD) Dolphin ??
His trade was - Frame Fiter?
Age at Enlistment was - 39 years 5 mths and 16 Days

It shows Wife Ann Conlon

Their Marriage 1 Aug 1893 ??

Living at 25 Ct 9 House Cheapside Birmingham

Children

Annie Dolphin Born 5.5.1902

Joseph Dolphin Born 12.2.1913

So now!! I am really Confused ?