• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

George Baxter 1904?

acklam19

master brummie
Hi all
I wonder if anyone could help me fill in some gaps in my Baxter tree.
George Baxter was born about 1904 the son of Ellen(Nellie) B 1868 in Wolverhampton and William Baxter B1851 of Stafford they may have been living in Wharton Street Duddeston at the time as William was a labourer at the sewage works to the rear of that street.
On the 1911 census William is in Aston Workhouse with most of his children but no sign of Nellie or George so I think they must have been together some place else.
The next time George appears is living with his widowed mother at 351 Witton Rd and he is in the army his number is 5435802 Devon and Cornwall Light Infantry this was 1933 after that I have lost all trace of him.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards Acklam19.

Back