• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Geoff Woolley REME

subotone

'OLDBILL'
Hi all, thought you may be interested in a photo of my Dad Geoff Woolley during WW2. Not sure of the date it was taken but he was in the R.E.M.E between 1943-47 & spent a good deal of his service in Malya, Singapore & India.

Dad lived in Alum Rock prior to & after the war. Be interested in any one with relatives from the Bham who served in the REME.

Hi subotone, I did not have any one in the R.E.M.E bUT my Grandad was an ALBERT WOOLLEY from aston, he was a twin born in the 1800s?
Do we have any family tree info????
THE BARON

I have a Victor Woolley in my tree born c 1898 he married Gladys Baker in Birmingham:).

I Have Samuel Woolley mariied my grandmother in 1942 they lived in Alum Rock.Also my dad was in the R.E.M.E and lived in Alum ROck

Hi All

Sorry for the delay getting back in touch. I am not up to speed on my family tree & am trying to contact my neice who has done a load of research on Woolley. As soon as I can find out more from her I will contact you again. Pam you say your dad was in the REME & came from Alum Rock. I know my dad lived in Bankdale Rd during the war years. By the way is your dads surname Woolley as well.

Regards

Subotone

Back