• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

GEC memorial plaque

Rob Rolfe

knowlegable brummie
There is a wall by the Greek Orthodox church of Holy Trinity and St Luke, (formerly the West Midlands Community Centre), with a space where some sort of memorial plaque used to be. Does anyone have any idea what used to be there? (have a picture but it's too large to post).

If you PM me, ill give you my email address and you can either send it as an attachment or via a file server. I can then reduce it and post it here.

OK it has been established that the missing plaque, stolen in 1994, was a list of GEC Witton workers who died in WW1. I really need a good photo of the plaque, can anyone help?

Really looking hard for a good picture of the War Memorial plaque which disappeared in 1994 - can anyone help?

Has anyone by any chance got a photograph of the large GEC war memorial, which disappeared in 1994?

Back