• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Garrison Lane Park

formula t

master brummie
I remember the fair used to come most years to Garrrison Lane Park, just down from the blues ground. I spent my last 5/- trying to win this floral tea service on the bingo stall for my aunt. And as luck had it i won it with my last tanner. My aunt was well happy, it made my day. Does anyone else remember the fair in Garrison lane ? All the best formula t . :)

Sure do formula t I live off the Vauxhall Rd and went to the fair every year I also played football on there quite often not much grass though more a black patch. Dek

Hello dec. I played football there now and again your right there wasnt much grass. but enjoyable all the same. A couple of coats for goal posts and off we went. I used Kingston Hill park more than any other ( or Keeley St) if you came from the other entrance. it was handy for me as the park backed onto our yard in Watery Lane. many happy days. All the best formula t .

It was known locally as Itchy coo park, there is a thread already on the site somewhere

I suppose this was before you time then formula :D

KingstoneHillPark.jpg
[/URL]

Thats a great picture brummie nick its about 21 years before me. mind you he seems to be enjoying himself. ( bloomin vandal). you can just make out the stone steps up on the right leading to the top park. and i think the factory at the back is Warne Wright & Rowlands, in Keeley St. nice one. I do believe your right Postie, i had heard some of the older generation refer to it as itchy coo park, when i was a little un. All the best formula t

Hello bill, looking at the photo it is kingston hill park as we used to run round that white concrete circle on the top section of the park. You can also see my old school in front of the blues ground with its clock and spire. wonderful photograph thank you for the link. All the best formula t .

Hello bill, looking at the photo it is kingston hill park as we used to run round that white concrete circle on the top section of the park. You can also see my old school in front of the blues ground with its clock and spire. wonderful photograph thank you for the link. All the best formula t .
I lived opposite the park at 57witton st.,which is still there.1939 to1958'the park was our play ground come rain or shine,happy days!park villas are still there also.i attended Ada road and got married at St. Andrews church.

Itchycoo Park, bottom right hand quadrant of the photo, courtesy of Britainfromabove.org

Attachments

• EPW061181[1].jpg
    EPW061181[1].jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 62
I know this probably isn't the right place to query this but it had Garrison in the title, so here goes -

Does anyone know where the original Garrison was in relation to the lane of the same name please?

The name came from the name of a farm in the area, Garrsion Farm, which later became the Garrison Farm brickworks. The farm, there since at least 1725, was thus called from the claim that Prince Rupert’s royalist troops camped there in the civil war in 1643.

hi apprentice Brummie I remember the fair in the late 50s it was good high light of the year, me mom used to say keep an eye on the washing on the line because we always had washing go missing once we had two rabbits taken I remember being realy upset:peaceful:

Back