• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Gaffney

stars

master brummie
Gaffney search

hi i am also trying to do my wifes tree and i am looking for a marrage between Thomas Gaffney and wife Kathleen married in ireland, they had children, i know one was Vincent born about 1912 and a daughter Maisie, there were other children but i am not sure of the names. I once again would appreciate any help. many thanks. stars​

No i am afraid i do not have kathleen maiden name. I know that Thomas and Kathleen had a few sons, i think one was named jerard, vincent,maisie. they had conection with Rathmines, and Ballsbridge. and i think Vincent was registerd in Kildare. I think Vincent born in 1912 came to birmingham. Also i believe that the daughter maisie married a Gleeson. Thank you for your help. stars

sorry cant help with your question but just to let you know there was a vincent gaffney living 46 franklin rd. kings norton in 1945. in 1950 living bath row, market hall ward (central bham) and in 1955 he is listed at 3 back 8 inkerman st. lozells with bridget m gaffney.

Shera you are a star, yes that is him vincent paul Gaffney. Was my father inlaw Bridget Mary Gaffney is my mother inlaw and Bridget theresa Gaffney is my wife, so this is fantastic news for which i am very grateful. I am just having problem finding vincent paul gaffney birth in Ireland,

there is a site which may help if your family were in ireland in 1911. google national archives of ireland then click on 1911 census. you can search this for free and see the original census forms. i couldnt find a kathleen gaffney though. there are loads of thomas gaffneys.

thanks again, i see what you mean. The problem i think is trying to get something with Vincent on as a boy, which would be something after 1912. thanks again stars

Hi to everyone who has helped me. The problem is i can't get any information on Vincent Paul Gaffney. I have a small copy of his birth certificate but it only shows he was born April 22 1912 in Newbridge, Kildare Ireland, but does not show his parents, Which i know was Thomas Gaffney and Kathleen gaffney, i do not know her maiden name. I have info in England from 1946. I suppose i need any info from Ireland after 1912 showing his parents with him and brothers and sister whos name was Maisey. If anyone could assist me i would be grateful. Thanks Stars

Back