• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

G.E.C War Memorial

subotone

'OLDBILL'
Hi

Does anyone have any information relating to the G.E.C war memorial that was outside the Magnet Center in Erdington. I am trying to find out when it disappeared, was it stolen or moved elsewhere and who was recorded on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Subotone

s 001.jpg.

Hi

Does anyone have any information relating to the G.E.C war memorial that was outside the Magnet Center in Erdington. I am trying to find out when it disappeared, was it stolen or moved elsewhere and who was recorded on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Subotone

View attachment 95161.
I have come across a picture of the G.E.C war memorial which looks like it was taken in the 60's.

Subotone

Attachments

• IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    374.8 KB · Views: 24
I remember this memorial well, I used to drive past it regularly in the early 1990's then one day it was missing. It was at a time when 'scrap' metal prices were at a high and as I recall it was made of Brass or Bronze and the assumption at the time is that it was stolen by a thief. I visited the local scrap dealers in an attempt to find it but never did. Such a pity that it should be desecrated in that way if it were stolen.

Steve R

Back