• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Frozenuk Saying Hello Fellow Brummies From Past To Present!

frozenuk

Brummie
Just a quick hi as new to the forum!

born in 1970, Erdington living (with parents) first in Chester road near the Yenton junction....then a move to Ryland Road off Erdington Hall road then to a high rise flat on Castle Vale called Comet House (over the road from the Skylark pub where my mother worked) 1972-1975 .... I went to St Gerards nursery & primary school .... move then to Bagington Road, Castle Vale until 1979!

Moved then to Holly Lane, Erdington within some nice block of 3 story flats opposite Holly Lane social Club...went to St Edmund Campion secondary School until 1983 then finally moved to Erdington Hall Road until 1997 when I left home to live in Wales.

Mother worked in the Norton Public House from 1979 until it was pulled down....

Hated School but loved the time after from 1985..... BMX bikes and CB radio!

Simon.

Hello Simon,
Welcome BHF hope you enjoy it.
I'm a fellow Yentonian born and bred in Erdington Hall road. I also used the Norton and the HLSC. Now I use the Lad in the lane.
Chris

Hi Simon

Welcome aboard. I wish thaty all newcomers would give as much information about themselves as you have done.

Old Boy (Chris Beresford)

No problem and thanks for the replies! Im now finding memories more important than ever and nice to reminisce when the world is changing so fast! Older people need to share stories otherwise they die with them :)

From 84-87 were my CB radio days! And around Brum it was so popular! It got me about a bit! massive aerials on the house...before mobile phones!

Hi Frozenuk. Welcome. I hope you enjoy being part of this forum. Memories are extremely important and valued here so feel free to jot down any that spring to mind. I think you'll find there's a thread for most topics somewhere on the Forum. If not start one of your own. Viv.

frozenuk. You didn't mention any employment in your introduction and where do you live in Wales. I'm proud ex Brummie living in Pembroke. You sound from your introduction a very vibrant sort of person if I may say so and look forward to any Posts.

Had a AM CB set on my company van, company weren't aware as just had a large radio Aerial. Never really got into the lingo but liked to listen to the truckers on 19, probably influenced by rubber duck :)

Hi, thank you for all the warm welcomes! :)

for the CB days I was known around Brum as Aligator - NB 85 :) - I have just found a lot of info I kept from those days I will post up :)

As for work wise.... I was a bit young back then...and was uncertain of what I wanted to do, but electronics and Computers were a bit g part of my life growing up... I ended up studying at ASTON ITEC which was at Aston Cross, Rocky Lane.... this is where I gained most of my early qualifications within Electronics, Digital electronics and Computing.

during this time I managed to get within a local familly ran firm as work experience then finally permanent..... this was with ELEKROLINK services on Electric Avenue, Aston. A fantastic firm, dealing with robotics, Aerospace and automated systems, PLC, Panel wiring etc..... gained some great knowledge and made some great friends...but I left after a year to seek my deep passion for electronic music and recording studios!

all this within the late 80's and early 90's .... I then went back to ASTON ITEC where i noticed a new venture setting up behind it and that's when I joined a Media Project called Connections Arts where they had just setup an 8 track recording studio and had a lot of the old pirate radio station DJ's from PCRL running it!

Finally getting involved with music I also studied media at Hall Green college and fought to keep Connections Arts running as the council were shutting it down and this is when I met a John Purser and his own home built but professional recording studio based on Middleton Hall Road, Kings Norton. I worked with him for 2-3 years before finally setting up my own home studio back in Erdington...and finally remixing tracks for PWL (Pete Waterman) ..... I then met a local DJ called Tony de Vit (Handsworth Wood) and both setup a recording studio within the Custard Factory Digbeth (unit 417 - V2 Productions).... a fantastic time as I was able to remix and produce for some top 90's artists! - When all this finally went pear-shaped I moved away for tyhe first time...to Wales, Mid-Wales....... Newtown until finally settling down and moving to a smaller town called Llanidloes, which is where I now reside.....and loving it! - Im back to self employment working with computers and Electronics :)

I know a lot of people back then had the same Handles so a long shot........ High Tower...Richard... Warmley?

As for work wise.... I was a bit young back then...and was uncertain of what I wanted to do, but electronics and Computers were a bit g part of my life growing up... I ended up studying at ASTON ITEC which was at Aston Cross, Rocky Lane.... this is where I gained most of my early qualifications within Electronics, Digital electronics and Computing.

all this within the late 80's and early 90's ....

I was at Aston ITec too, 89-91, did Wordprocessing, Electronics and Computing + Digital Computing... Just wondered if I knew you at all? My names Debbie.

Cheers

all this within the late 80's and early 90's ....

I was at Aston ITec too, 89-91, did Wordprocessing, Electronics and Computing + Digital Computing... Just wondered if I knew you at all? My names Debbie.

Cheers

Hi debbie! not sure as there were quite a few people in and out of the course? I think I might have been there a few years earlier? Rhona was the manager then. are you on facebook? I am... https://www.facebook.com/simon.j.parkes

:)

Back