• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Freeview - channel scrambled

carolina

master brummie
Can someone please help as to why suddenly over the last few weeks my ITV channel ITVbe is completely scrambled. I get the code YVM302 but this comes up with aerial problems. If this is the case why does ITV1 and 2 work ok? Any help appreciated.

Hi, I had a similar problem when I moved to Sutton Coldfield, it was a spasmodic fault and was due to the transmitter signal being too strong (I am less than quarter of a mile from the transmitter). Do you live close to the transmitter?

Some people with the same error code have fixed the problem by:
1. Disconnect the aerial
2. Re-scan the channels (with no aerial)
3. Connect the aerial
4. Re-scan the channels.

Some people with the same error code have fixed the problem by:
1. Disconnect the aerial
2. Re-scan the channels (with no aerial)
3. Connect the aerial
4. Re-scan the channels.
So am I rescanning my TV or scanning through freeview

Hi, I had a similar problem when I moved to Sutton Coldfield, it was a spasmodic fault and was due to the transmitter signal being too strong (I am less than quarter of a mile from the transmitter). Do you live close to the transmitter?
I live in Stourport and Im tuned into Sutton Coldfield. I think the only other one I have is Gloucester. I wonder whether i could change to Gloucester if that would help. (Its not knowing how to do that though)

It looks like a weak signal from the multiplexer which transmits the ITVbe channel. Some multiplexers have stronger signals than others.

Is it possible to ask a near neighbour to tune to ITVbe and see if they have a similar problem.

If they do not have a problem it could be a problem which has developed with your aerial or cable.

It looks like a weak signal from the multiplexer which transmits the ITVbe channel. Some multiplexers have stronger signals than others.

Is it possible to ask a near neighbour to tune to ITVbe and see if they have a similar problem.

If they do not have a problem it could be a problem which has developed with your aerial or cable.
Why would it be just one channel?

Different channels sometimes have different transmitting powers. The BBC channels are generally more powerful than others.

I have an indoor loft aerial and use a powered signal booster which for good performance needs to be near the aerial.

If you wanted to use Gloucester you would need to turn the aerial to point to their mast.

So am I rescanning my TV or scanning through freeview?
If you have a Freeview adapter then re-scan that, otherwise re-scan the digital channels on the TV.

Quest, QVC, Drama, 5USA, ITV2+1, 5Star, Paramount Network, ITV3+1, Sony Movies Action, Channel 5 +1, TJC, 5Select, ITVBe +1, ITV4 +1, Blaze, CBS Reality, Horror Channel, TCC, Blaze +1 are some of the channels that you might expect to be affected too.

I live in Stourport and Im tuned into Sutton Coldfield. I think the only other one I have is Gloucester. I wonder whether i could change to Gloucester if that would help. (Its not knowing how to do that though)
you would have to realine your aerial to that tx. this weather with all its static is playing havoc with radio and tv signals
also water get in the coax. coax is like a sponge it sucks water in and some time comes out at the earial lead that goes in the tv...check this. good look.
that was mostly analogue, digital is weaker. the closer you get to a tx mast the weeker the sig.it goes overhead. you have to tune to a repeater

Well trial and tribulation. I retuned the TV and it did show many channels but they wouldnt store. So in the end I did return to factory settings and that stored them all including ITVbe etc. I then retuned my Freeview and this also brought back my missing channels. So fingers crossed.

Back