• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Free Zoom talk on Moseley and World War Two 28/4

Ian Binnie

knowlegable brummie
A free Zoom talk by the Moseley History Group

Moseley

and World War Two

by Ian Binnie, based on research by Edwina Rees and Peter Streets​

Thursday 28th April at 7.30pm

Research into World War Two has often become second best to that on the Great War. The sacrifice of local people between 1939 and 1945 is just as significant. The commemorations of the 75th anniversary of VE and VJ Day were muted due to the pandemic. Ian will highlight the contribution of 12 local men who were killed serving with the armed forces, all of whom are remembered on Moseley memorials. He will also refer to the bombing raids which caused such damage in the local area.

If you would like to join the Zoom talk, please send an email to [email protected] and we will send you the zoom link. All you then need to do is to click on that link at the scheduled time.

Ian. I would love to join in but can't make that date.
Does the talk get recorded so I coukd watch/listen later?

Back