• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Free Learning

sospiri

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
This is not genealogical, but the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have put a huge number of their courses online for FREE, though they do, like here, invite donations.

Most courses can be downloaded, so you do not need to be connected to the internet to do most of your studying, but in many cases you will need to be online to view videos & images and listen to sound files. I've had a look at a couple of the musical courses and the course material is excellent.

Here's the list of subject areas:-

https://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/courses/courses/index.htm

Enjoy! There's certainly no need to be bored these days!

Maurice :cool:

Quite right Maurice had a quick look at the history side and some great pics in The Royal Family link ta:)

I'm bringing this to the top as nine years after I posted it the link and courses are still valid and may be of interest to some of our newer members or passers-by.

Maurice :)

For those of a technical 'bent' many of Walter Lewin's, (retired from MIT in 2009), lectures are available on YouTube. If nothing else his skill at drawing dotted lines on a blackboard is worth watching, (prrrrp!).
'MeToo' mania caught up with him in 2014 when MIT said he breached their online harassment policy in 2013, (aged 77).

Back