• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Free courses in Birmingham and Surrounding Areas?

May of some use.
Not free but the ones I looked at were less than £20 a year with maybe a small charge for refreshments at some venues.
Where? U3A lots of sessions in and around Redditch and in Birmingham. Just Google it

Hi all

You are all so knowledgeable on here, does anyone know of any free courses?

Thank you.
The "Birmingham History Forum", is a great site. I've seen many odd questions asked and out of no where comes an answer.
My advice to you is don't be afraid to ask what may seem to be a stupid question.

I myself was born in Hockley 1952, I can be seen at odd times walking around the old streets if you could see what I can see its the streets the way they were in 50/60s.

I can walk down Warstone lane its still has gas lamps from 1950s (in my head).

Could you give us a idea of what you are looking for?

Nick Phillips.

Last edited:
Yes, I've had lots of help from the forum. Means a lot to me because I didn't grow up in Birmingham, I have no connections.

So to meet up with the forum and be able to contact Brummies is something special to me.

I'm just looking for things to do and meet new people, It's good to try new things.

I did say free courses, but even short courses with a fee are ok.

Hi Kat, I noticed Age UK have information on how to get on courses:

I may be looking myself as I retire in December, I think botanical gardens also hold courses. Hope to do one of their photography courses next year.

Good luck with your search

Thanks Janet, I've emailed to see what courses they offer. There's some really good advice on that site too. Morturn I will have a look at future learn later, thanks for your help.

Back