• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Frederick road

FOXY

master brummie
My grandparents lived 107 Frederick Road up to my grandmothers death at the age of 39 in 1939,with all the talk about everything changing,does anyone know if that house is still standing,If it is I would like to go and take a photo of it.

Some of the old Frederick Road seems to be still there between Bevington and Witton Roads. Whether 107 is in this stretch is unknown. The Google Earth photographs are a few years old though. Good Luck.

I will have to go and have a look,another question I was wondering if it says in the parish records for a wedding that they were both of this parish,does it mean they were born there or simply they were living there at that time.

Hello Foxy, it means that they gave the address for the purpose of marrying in that church. If you marry outside your own parish you have to pay for a licence, so lots of people gave a false address.:)

I used to live at 198, so 107 will be between Bevington Rd & Whitehead Rd (closer to Bevington), and to the best of my knowledge is still standing.

Hi, the Frederick Road pics are great. I'm looking for 246 Frederick Road where Horace and Nellie Chester were living in 1931. Can anyone assist with identifying possible location please?

Regards
Steve

Hi Steve,

Are you sure that they lived in the Stechford Frederick Road?
I lived there for 15 years, and I don't think the numbers went much over 100.

Kind regards
Dave

Dwarfman
Are you in the right place. I do not think Frederick Road in Stechford went up as far as no 246. I think you may be referring to Frederick road in Aston

Below is a map showing the position of 246 Frederick Road. aston in green. I am moving these posts to a more appropriate thread

map c1951 showing 244 ,246 frederick road and prince albert school.jpg

Back