• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Adey Frederick

That’s spot on MWS. Jane was sometimes recorded as Oliffe too.

Hi Jackie, well, well, well - we’re related ! Amazing. I shall message you with my email address. I have done a lot of work on the family tree on Ancestry, although I haven’t looked at it in a long time now. Shall let you see it. I have a photo of Wm Robert Adey, our gt grandfather somewhere too. Think I posted it on this Forum. Shall dig it out.

Best wishes Viv.

Jackie I’ve sent you a message - it’s called ‘conversation’ on this Forum. See small envelope on the blue bar near the top of the page. You should have a red number on there now to show you’ve got a message. Look forward to chatting. Regards Viv.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I think this has been an education in handwriting and how badly my family have misread my great grandfathers writing. I am taking Tinsmith Worker as occupation. I have been told he made tin toy cars as well. So it all links together. I am getting very excited about what I’ll find next.

regards
Jackie

Back