• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Frankish

Adolphus Frankish promoted from Police Sergeant to third class Inspector June 1905, Birmingham Daily Gazette.

Hi Pedrocut, thank you for that, the reason why I ask if anyone has him in there tree is that I have in my possession a medal, with his name on the back and 1922, which I have found whilst going through my parents house, which I would like to return to the appropriate family, thanks!

Hi Pedrocut, thank you for that, the reason why I ask if anyone has him in there tree is that I have in my possession a medal, with his name on the back and 1922, which I have found whilst going through my parents house, which I would like to return to the appropriate family, thanks!
Adolphus Frankish was my Dads Grandfather and he was in the police force in Birmingham. Where was your parents house?
Jane Porter [frankish)

Has anybody got an “Adolphus Frankish” in there family tree please, roughly about 1922, thankyou!
I've just read your article from April 2020, you said you are researching Pearsall family.
My uncle Charles Edgar Phillips d o b 18/3/1889 he married Martha Pearsall on 23rd July 1910. At the time she was living at 35 Cattlells Grove.
I also believe in 1901 census she was living at 46 Cattells Grove with seven family members.

I hope this is some help, if you feel I can help in any way please contact me.

Nick S Phillips

I've just read your article from April 2020, you said you are researching Pearsall family.
My uncle Charles Edgar Phillips d o b 18/3/1889 he married Martha Pearsall on 23rd July 1910. At the time she was living at 35 Cattlells Grove.
I also believe in 1901 census she was living at 46 Cattells Grove with seven family members.

I hope this is some help, if you feel I can help in any way please contact me.

Nick S Phillips

Hi Nick,
Can you please tell me who your Martha Pearsall's parents were please.....my line of Pearsall' s are from Birmingham, Bilston, Kingswinford! Ta in advance

Hi Nick,
Can you please tell me who your Martha Pearsall's parents were please.....my line of Pearsall' s are from Birmingham, Bilston, Kingswinford! Ta in advance

Sorry you did not leave a name.
The Martha Peasall in my family tree married my uncle Charles Phillips on 23rd July 1910, I think her father was William.
In 1911 they were living at 298 High St Harborne.
In 1914 (28/4/1914) they had a son Sydney William Phillips.

If you feel we are looking at same Peasall family I may have more information but it would take a little time to search.

Nick S Phillips ‍♂️ .

Last edited:
Just came across this site, as I was researching my family history. Adolphus Frankish was my great grandfather. After retiring, he and his wife moved to Rhos on Sea in North Wales. "Dolfie" kept a pub there, and is buried in the local cemetery. Interested to know more.
Clive Frankish

Adolphus William Frankish was the son of William Berry Frankish and Susan Ann Hooper.

Adolphus was listed as constable in 1891, sergeant in 1901 and inspector in 1911.

Adolphus' grandfather, Joshua Rest Frankish, was also in the police - listed as a policeman in 1851 and a retired police sergeant in 1871.

For a number of the baptisms of his children his address is listed as Steelhouse Lane.

Back