• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Francis Diffley

hi,only just found this forum.my nan and grandad were francis(frank) and violet diffley(fisher),
My mom was Susannah(susan)diffley she married Raymond Rea .my auntie violet was married to Kenneth moore.and my uncle arnold was married to Edith .
so my family comes from lawley street,my eldest brother was born there, my greatgrand father arnold was a friut hawker by trade and then he owned a shop but i cannot find anything about it,where it was ect.the family history is mostly around the aston,garrison area. my mom and dad met when they worked on the railway together in what was then called vauxhall.

On the marriage cert for Francis Diffley and Violet Fisher the occupation of Arnold Fisher is labourer. He is listed as a fruit hawker on 1911 census.

Back