• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lucas B90 Fradley depot

gerry taylor

knowlegable brummie
Hi, my brother is Jeff Taylor who was a manager at Lucas's Fradley. I believe he worked at King Street and Solihull as well. Anyone remember him?

I remember jeff taylor he gave us most of our work at gt king st when i worked for amalgamated cleaning services

I worked as kitchen assistant at the fradley depot in 80s . another depot just down the road was called if i remember right the "B-90" does anyone remember this.

I think the B90 designation was used by Lucas Service division for spares.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

The "Lucas B90" was the reconditioned spares such as wiper motors, starter motors, dynamos, etc that Joseph Lucas supplied. New items went to the car manufacturers. When a dynamo for instance failed it would be exchanged for a B90 unit which was much cheaper.

A reconditioning plant perhaps, people used to say it was dirty work at the B-90.
In the summer months the workers would rush to the mucky duck , quickly drink a beer then rush back. so not to be late.

A reconditioning plant perhaps, people used to say it was dirty work at the B-90.
In the summer months the workers would rush to the mucky duck , quickly drink a beer then rush back. so not to be late.
the lucas shop was also where you could get the b90 exchange service for the workers as well

Back