• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fox and Goose Hotel Washwood Heath

G

gham

Anybody ever heard of a pub called 'The Fox and Goose'-almost certainly doesn't exist now but I believe my elderly Mother was a barmaid there once?:)

gham

If you say Fox & Goose the pub that is going to spring to everybodies lips is the one in Washwood Heath.

Phil

Attachments

• Washwood Heath Fox & Goose x .jpg
    Washwood Heath Fox & Goose x .jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 25
Wasn't the fox and goose famous in the 70's for being the pub with no beer? Believe they had some sort of dispute with the draymen who refused to deliver beer. The pub remained open selling spirits only in order to keep the licence going and the pub open. Something me Dad told me so no real details.

Can some one please confirm the landlord of the above public house? My 1x cousin 1x removed Leonard Archer was resident here in 1955 when he passed away.

Thanks

1955 Electoral Roll has Doris and Leonard Archer only at Fox and Goose Hotel, Washwood Heath Road.

Back