• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Found at last

Peter Walker

gone but not forgotten
Forty five years ago I bought a useful little book entitled 'Transport in West Bromwich', written by Arnold Mason and published that year by the Omnibus Society, of which I was then a member. It was only 40 pages thick and the old quarto format (about 8 x 10 inches) and, after I catalogued all my books over ten years ago, I lost it. It would have come in useful when I was writing about bus routes in Birmingham, and West Brom buses ran into Great Barr and through Kingstanding to Sutton, I have been trying for some time to find it again.
Tonight I was sorting through some old stuff to find something for tomorrow's recycling collection, and spotted this little book. It's certainly made my day.
Peter

I am so pleased you found your little book Peter. I found it strange when I read the bus route. My mother was born in West Brom moved to Great Barr and then to Sutton. I remember as a child we would get a bus in to Sutton and then I think it was a Walsall bus to Great Barr where my Nan lived.

west brom buses

hi Bren
i lived in Kingstanding and used to drive midland red buses from Sutton Coldfield Depot i traveled on the West brom bus to Sutton most days Allen

Back