• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Foster Ada

What a sad end to this ladys life.

We need all the genealogists on this forum.

The death registration says she was born 17th August 1888.
Now was she born Foster or married one?.

good thinking alberta...i will see what i can find out on ancestry after dinner...

lyn

just looked at the e rolls for the 1920s and 30s and there are lots of ada fosters...no way of telling which one is the right one...

lyn

always assuming ada was born and lived in brum i cant find an ada foster on the 1891..1901 or the 1911 so possable she married a foster...

lyn

How sad. Just a thought would it be possible to look in the deaths in the Mail for around that date ? Maybe they are on file somewhere ?

Have they tried to track anyone down?

Is there a record of who donated the furniture?
Have they got in touch with Lodge Hill?
Have they got the death certificate to see who registered the death?
And looking at the electoral rolls to see who else lived with her if anyone.

Have they tried to track anyone down?

Is there a record of who donated the furniture?
Have they got in touch with Lodge Hill?
Have they got the death certificate to see who registered the death?
And looking at the electoral rolls to see who else lived with her if anyone.

i was thinking along those lines..MWS..hopefully the ladywood furniture project have been making their own enquires..

The first step is to obtain her death certificate, which should be easy because you have the date and address of where she was living at the time, the certificate should then tell you who her husband was if any, and who reported the death......if both are blank, then you have little to no chance of finding any family for her........

Whoever registered the death must have had some connection to her, by stating her birth date of 17th August 1888.

Another way might be to look at the electoral rolls for the address she was living at the time of her death, and for a few years either way as well.....

Lyn, I phoned Lodge Hill cemetery this morning and explained who I was and how we would like to help and she said that they had already got it in hand and were contacting the undertaker who arranged the cremation.

Lyn, I phoned Lodge Hill cemetery this morning and explained who I was and how we would like to help and she said that they had already got it in hand and were contacting the undertaker who arranged the cremation.

oh thats great alberta so it seems that the wheels are in motion then to find any of adas living rellies..the undertakers should be able to say who arranged the funeral so maybe something will come of that..

thanks alberta

lyn

Last edited:
Back