• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Forward Statue

I thought the Forward Sculpture would not have looked out of place in Red Square Moscow.
I disliked it intensely and it did not reflect Birmingham in any way at all.
I am a fan of the Floozie in the Jacuzzi and really like Lee and Longlands showing a carpet to a customer!

I stumbled upon this post and thought it'd be a good idea to revive this thread. It's really a shame that the Forward Statue was vandalized like that. It's always tough when something that was once a symbol of progress and achievement is destroyed. Perhaps the city could even consider creating Bench Monuments, which would serve as both a functional seating area and a symbol of the city's history and progress. Hopefully, with community support, we can come together to create a new symbol that is even more durable and representative of Birmingham's resilience and progress. Keep looking forward!

Last edited:
Agreed, I can understand why people may have not liked the style of the work but I think it far better symbolised the city of Birmingham than the Gillian Wearing statues that are in front of the central library now - just my personal opinion of course!

Back