• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Forum meet Rose Villa Tavern Easter 2014

ColinB

gone but not forgotten
Yet another great meet, it was good to see so many people there, a great opportunity to meet some new members and of course the " old stalwarts".
I didn't manage to win one of Eric's paintings in the raffle, but did get a great book (thanks Chris).
I have closed the previous thread so please post any comments, photos etc here.

Colin

Great meet as usual, some old faces some new, I really enjoyed it apart from difficulty in Parking finished up in Morton St 10 minutes walk away with 3 paintings to carry, never mind it was worth it, lovely grilled cheese and mushrooms and a pint of stout and good company, What more could you ask for ?rose villa tavern 001.JPGrose villa tavern 002.JPGrose villa tavern 003.JPGrose villa tavern 004.JPGrose villa tavern 005.JPG Eric

Great to you all today, managed to put a few faces to names. A very enjoyable afternoon, thank you all.

I did post a car park map, but forgot to mention the traffic wardens are red hot in this area. Sorry you were caught our Carolina.

Thanks everyone for another lovely afternoon. it was great to see old faces and many new ones.
Looking forward to the next one.
Lynne.

Lovely to see everyone today including some new faces it always goes so quickly. Eric's paintings were wonderful congrats to all who won one!

Lovely to see everyone again, and (double bonus) I think I may have moved around enough to avoid any of the photographers.
OK so I didn't win one of Eric's paintings (I want my bribe back!!) but did get a lovely Hockley/Handsworth book, so thanks to whoever donated that. I also bought one of the Birmingham Pubs clocks, it's now ticking away merrily on the wall as I type. Pity the party was split somewhat because there wasn't a lot of space in the back room eh?
Oh blimey Carol: Sorry you got a parking ticket ... back of Rackhams to pay that one off, should only take you six months or so.
I'll get me coat :unconscious::unconscious:

sorry frothy, on the good side at least there werent any steps for you to fall down lol

kelly

I had a lovely time at the meet today. Great to catch up with 'old' friends and to meet new ones.
I was especially pleased to finally meet Mike Jee in person as he is always helping me with information from his maps and directories and has been a 'forum friend' of mine for a long time.
Thanks to Brian for looking after my raffle tickets while I was tucking into a lovely melted cheese, mushroom and onion sandwich - he managed to win me the Ladywood book I wanted and he got the chocolate cake he wanted - great result!

Many thanks to Lyn for arranging the meet - I am already looking forward to the next one as there was just not enough time to speak to everyone there.

Also thanks to Postie for showing me his scar - I am going to have nightmares tonight about brick saws! :upset:

Lovely to see everyone again, and (double bonus) I think I may have moved around enough to avoid any of the photographers.
OK so I didn't win one of Eric's paintings (I want my bribe back!!) but did get a lovely Hockley/Handsworth book, so thanks to whoever donated that. I also bought one of the Birmingham Pubs clocks, it's now ticking away merrily on the wall as I type. Pity the party was split somewhat because there wasn't a lot of space in the back room eh?
Oh blimey Carol: Sorry you got a parking ticket ... back of Rackhams to pay that one off, should only take you six months or so.
I'll get me coat :unconscious::unconscious:

Charlie - save me a spot.

lol xx

Many thanks to all concerned for their hard work in putting on another great meet. Loads of prizes but as usual came away empty handed (perhaps I should buy some raffle tickets, I think that might help!!).
The parking ticket incurred by Carolina was my fault. I worked in Tenby Street North for a number of years and had no problem parking there and did not know a lot of the Quarter is now PERMIT PARKING ONLY!!! Must admit I did not see/look for any restrictions so as I said, my fault.
Did not spoil a very good day out, when's the next one?
jimbo

sorry im late with my post folks our internet was down...smashing meet up thanks everyone for turning up...

lyn

Last edited:
Another great meet on Saturday, it was good to meet you all again, I look forward to the next one.
These are a few pictures that I took

DSC_0019.JPGDSC_0034.JPGDSC_0036.JPGDSC_0039.JPGDsc_0041.jpg

Lovely to see people.
Sorry I could only stay for an hour, but having only been back from NZ for 24 hours, jetlag had kicked in!! It's been with me ever since - latest I've slept until was this morning, when we had a cup of tea at 4:30!!

EASTER MEET 2014 001.JPGEASTER MEET 2014 003.JPGEASTER MEET 2014 005.JPGgreat that you could make it lesley...sorry i didnt get round to talking to everyone...here are a few pics i took...

Back