• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Forum Donations

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
Dear all

Lots of us on this forum get much pleasure and knowledge from being part of this great site. It exists purely through the efforts of volunteers and those who regularly donate to its funds. Thanks go to those members who continue to make regular donations. This along with the meet-up raffles, are a welcome contribution towards the cost of running BHF.

But gradually over time, as less donations have been made, funds have fallen painfully low. We as a group can change all that with a small donation. If, like me, you've been remiss in donating, please could I ask you to kindly donate a minimum of £2 (or more of course if you wish !) by using the orange 'donate' button at the very top of the BHF home page.

Thank you for reading this and for your support in helping to secure the future of BHF.

Viv.

To all members who have donated, thank you so much its a massive help and the site is able to enable to continuing to be part of Birmingham's history for a long time to come.
Once again, THANK YOU.

Jim, Warren and Hilary...

Almost 83 years old, the Birmingham History Forum is a wonderful website for me. To contribute, relive memories, read past history, and enjoy social conversations with some hugely funny people, helps to pass some of the days away. I still live a full, and busy life, but I do so enjoy checking in most days to see what is happening.

Long may it continue.

Eddie

Hello Robert, thank you so much, I will send details in a private message.
Jim

Hi Vic I would to
Send cheque if you don't mind
Please let me know who to
The forum as given me so much help
Josie

Donated, member for over 7 years (March 2009). 7 enjoyable years, especially the meets ably organized by Lynne, I really enjoy them, meeting members and putting names to faces. Also it as given me a reason to paint again which gives me a great deal of pleasure (have been painting for 40 years). I think the Forum is especially appreciated by people like me who live alone. Long may it continue. Eric

Thanks Eric, Robert and Josie.
Josie - hopefully Jim will see your post and will private message you with details for donating by cheque (as he's suggested to Robert in post #13). Many thanks for your support. Viv.

Last edited:
Donated, member for over 7 years (March 2009). 7 enjoyable years, especially the meets ably organized by Lynne, I really enjoy them, meeting members and putting names to faces. Also it as given me a reason to paint again which gives me a great deal of pleasure (have been painting for 40 years). I think the Forum is especially appreciated by people like me who live alone. Long may it continue. Eric

It's such a pleasure to have members like yourself who do so much to support BHF. We're very grateful for what you put into this Forum Eric. Thank you. Viv.

As the meets have been spoken about I think its worth mentioning those members who support the forum by attending the meets and providing a raffle prize and the contributing to the raffle itself. I know that everyone can't always get to these meets, but I prefer making my contribution to the forum this way and find that attending at least two meets a year that I contribute more than I would via a normal contribution.

I also think that we all owe a big thank-you to Lyn as without her organisation of the meets and raffle over the years things would be a lot more tighter than they would have been if she hadn't taken on the job. Also well done Vivienne for getting things moving on the donation front once again.

Absolutely Phil, totally agree. The funds raised by the meet-ups are a valuable source of funding and will continue to be so. Even people who are unable to attend meet-ups in person buy tickets for meet-up raffles. It's through the combined effort of these various actions that we'll be able to help sustain the running of BHF. And yes, Lyn's (Astoness) unflagging efforts to make the meet-ups happen year after year have made an important contribution to keeping things going. So thanks go to all for being so supportive. Viv.

Last edited:
Back