• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Former Midland Red Bus Garage Bilston Street Wolverhampton

horsencart

master brummie
In the Early 1980,s the D7 was in need of a small amount of work on the bus, and the S21 needed its roof to be painted to complete the paint job it had got at Wyhtall, it was decided to complete this work at the former Midland Red Bus Garage in Bilston Street Wolverhampton, I think this was arranged through the good offices of The Black Country Museum, the roof was painted on the S21 and the work was done on the D7 at the former bus garage, the S21 was left there overnight? to allow the paint to dry on the bus and as you will see on the film the D7 left the garage, the former bus garage was demolished in the early 1980,s to make way for the ring road I believe ? and the two Midland Red buses survive

to see the footage then please go to
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/8605562456/in/photostream

If anyone can add details about Bilston Street then please do so

Back