• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Formans Road School Sparkhill

HI ALL Unfortunately the photo has been lost on this post.
PICTURE OF PREFECTS AT FORMANS RD SCHOOL SPARKHILL .SEPT-DEC 1950
KENView attachment 71145

Edit. FORMANS ROAD COUNTY MODERN SCHOOL, Sparkhill.(27) Forman's Rd. Council Sch. opened 1907 by Worcs. C.C. Accom. 760 B, G, I. B and G depts. united 1910.(1) Enlarged 1926. Reorganized 1932 for SM, I. Accom. In Tyseley Methodist Hall used 1935–40. I dept. closed 1937. Enlarged 1940. Accom. provided in St. Edmund's Church Hall 1951,(21) and in Tyseley Methodist Hall 1954.(28) N.o.b. 1961: 350.(27)

pencil.png

Last edited by a moderator:
HI ALL
I thought some of you may be interested in these two pieces. They are taken from a copy of the punishment book for Formans Rd
school. It spans the years 1937-1944. they show how easy they have it at school now. Imust state i am not in it as i did not
start untill 1945. Most of the crimes repeat them selves as do many of the guilty.
KENschool book 2.jpgschool book.jpg

Back