• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ford then Nash

• Thread starter Thread starter Catkin
  • Start date Start date
C

Catkin

The first car my husband bought was a FORD we cleaned it inside and out until it shone he even showed me how to change the pistons, rocker cover and all that then he bought a NASH METROPOLITAN a little sporty job, from the garage on the corner of trinity road and Beaccon Hill, then we got caught by the fuzz for speeding but he only gave my husband a ticking off........ a true blue copper.............Cat:)

The little Nash Metropolitan was a big hit in the States at the time. A smart little car not greatly practical but never the less...fondly remembered by many.

showing off

Pete we had great fun showing off in it.......Cat:D..

They did not make many for the English market Rupert and those that were exported had the wheel on the left hand side....Cat...:)

It was Blue and Cream..............

Bit late in here but Metropolitan Nash revived a memory for me. Towards the end of production of the Nash my uncle Bert was a Trimming Inspector on the upholstery at Fisher and Ludlows at Castle Bromwich where they were assmbled. He was taken off the Nash line to work on the new ADO as he called it. This turned out to be the Austin Mini. He often wondered about the quality of upholstery in the last Nash's as nobody replaced him. If you had one and the seats fell apart, there's the reason!

Back