• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ford Street Hockley

Thank you so much I really appreciate the photo and info. Thanks again Mike
Hi Carolina thank you for getting in touch with me, I have just re-read your message and wow I didn’t pick up on the fact that you were Moms friend from Ford Street.
I don’t know if your aware but Mom passed away on 16th December 2011 from Lung Cancer. Nan Mabel passed away in 2015 just before her 103rd birthday.
Grandad John passed on 7th December 1988 at home in bed at Walsall.
Thankfully I still have my Aunty Sheila who lives in Blakedown and is still going strong as usual. I’m sorry for mis reading your original message but I find it difficult to read and write and speak correctly after I had a Stroke on 7th December 2021. ( had. Subarachnoid haemorrhage, Hydrocephalus, Vasospasm & Secondary Stroke which left me with Aphasia and Dysarthria speech impediments. I am making progress but it’s been hard going over last 18 months.
Mom & Dad both taught me to get back on my feet when life knocks me down. I know my Nan Mabel was a stubborn character who had a strong personality which I have had passed down to me and that’s where I get my pig headed stubbornness from.
Sorry for going on a bit but I do appreciate you reaching out to me.
Best regards
Mike Turbill.
Ps I would love any stories about my Mom from when she was a child.
I do have some photos from when Mom was a child when she was in a parade but I don’t know much about it except that Nan Mabel made her costumes.

Hi Carolina thank you for getting in touch with me, I have just re-read your message and wow I didn’t pick up on the fact that you were Moms friend from Ford Street.
I don’t know if your aware but Mom passed away on 16th December 2011 from Lung Cancer. Nan Mabel passed away in 2015 just before her 103rd birthday.
Grandad John passed on 7th December 1988 at home in bed at Walsall.
Thankfully I still have my Aunty Sheila who lives in Blakedown and is still going strong as usual. I’m sorry for mis reading your original message but I find it difficult to read and write and speak correctly after I had a Stroke on 7th December 2021. ( had. Subarachnoid haemorrhage, Hydrocephalus, Vasospasm & Secondary Stroke which left me with Aphasia and Dysarthria speech impediments. I am making progress but it’s been hard going over last 18 months.
Mom & Dad both taught me to get back on my feet when life knocks me down. I know my Nan Mabel was a stubborn character who had a strong personality which I have had passed down to me and that’s where I get my pig headed stubbornness from.
Sorry for going on a bit but I do appreciate you reaching out to me.
Best regards
Mike Turbill.
Ps I would love any stories about my Mom from when she was a child.
I do have some photos from when Mom was a child when she was in a parade but I don’t know much about it except that Nan Mabel made her costumes.
I still keep in contact with Sheila. This is me and your mom dancing at Sheila's 21st

Attachments

• Can Can Wendy and carol.jpg
    Can Can Wendy and carol.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 6
That’s brilliant I have not seen this photo thank you for allowing me to see it.
May I ask did you and your husband meet with my Mom, Dad and Aunty Sheila at Webbs Garden Center a few years ago ? If you’re who I think you are I have photos that my MoM and Dad took that day .

Back