• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ford Family Garrison Lane.

Tinpot

master brummie
Can anyone help with information please about 82/464 Garrison Lane. The 1891 census transcribed by Warwickshire Ancestors Project says that a George H Ford 24 , Mary J Ford 23 and George H Ford 3months were living there. The child could possibly be my grandfather George Henry Ford who died at Cambrai in WW1.

Likely to be 462 Garrison Lane. That's where they're transcribed on FreeCen and the adjacent records correspond.

Thanks for your replies. The map is really interesting. Do you know if the property is still there now?

Thank you for responding. I was reminded by the map that I used to go with my Dad ( a carpenter) to collect timber from a supplier just down Garrison Lane . Possibly the saw mill a few doors away.

Thanks for your reply. I am a beginner at this. I thought it meant 82 back of 464. Can you tell me if they appear there in the next census?
If I have the right people (the children's names might help you there) then they are still in Garrision Lane but at number 80
1616253317770.png

Brilliant! The other childrens' names look right . I need to look back at a copy of a will distribution I have just to be sure. Is no 80 somewhere near the park at the other end of Garrison Lane? It's more than 40 years since I left Brum and 15 years since I last visited.
I couldn't get on to your link for viewing Garrison Lane as it just comes up as error.

The number of times I must have travelled up and down here on the 53 bus (always found it a much more interesting route than the 54). The Fords are my mothers side of the family. Not sure even that my mum knew the connection to Garrison Lane. She only spoke about them being in Arthur St.

only a very rough guess but no 462 could have been where the timber merchants is now...click on link below for street view

Back