• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

FOOD THAT WE REALLY LIKE

wow a giant square sausage sarnie :yum

Today, 25 March, is the first National Square Sausage Day, and to celebrate an Ayrshire butcher has created a giant square sausage.

Unlike most of members I do not eat any meat.
I was brought up in the staffs moorlands and as a very young child ,about4 i think, I was friends with the farmers son who told me where my lovely lamb friends had gone to and i have never touched meat since.
I love all vegetables and fruit but can't stand the special Vegetarian foods they taste like cardboard to me.
Just to add my maternal grandfather was a butcher so I must have been a disappointment to him, not so my mother who loved all meats, tripe, belly pork, pigs trotters you name it she loved it.:)

Its is indeed and quite popular in Scotland. I quite like it.
In the US it's called sausage patties, round or square. The Southern states use patties & links, most Northern states seem to prefer links. Either way, with a couple of eggs and fried sourdough bread, can't beat that with a stick :)

me too i BBQ a lot of it

Another one I like is belly pork. Here is one I did the other day for dinner.

View attachment 190221
Pork belly, fried, BBQ, smoked all tastes very good. The problem in the US is that pork belly like ox tails and beef ribs have become THE thing to cook and the prices have tripled! A few years ago, they could not give ox tail or pork belly away!

Pork belly, fried, BBQ, smoked all tastes very good. The problem in the US is that pork belly like ox tails and beef ribs have become THE thing to cook and the prices have tripled! A few years ago, they could not give ox tail or pork belly away!
I do also like an oxtail stew. Cook the oxtail slowly and it melts in the mouth.

Back