• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Follow on from my Formans Road post

Bikeral72

master brummie
My Dad was at Formans Road, but my older brother Colin Spencer did his apprenticeship at Great Kings Street. He trained as a tool maker and fitter. Soon after he qualified he had to do his National Service, which he did in the RAF, following that, when he returned to Lucas's, he was asked to join a team at Bourne in Lincolnshire to work as an engine fitter on the then BRM racing car. Great experience was gained through this period, of which he put into practice on his own motorcycles. My knowledge of the workings of motorcycle all came from my brother Colin, and to this day I am still messing about with bikes. Sadly Colin died at the age of 77. Maybe there are some ex. Lucas chaps that might still remember him.

Alan Spencer ( Bikeral72)