• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Flowers by Post

jennyann

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Just wanted to let people know of this service which I have used for many years via the internet. Recently, I have noticed a few posts regarding the cost of sending flowers from places abroad to Britain. I have ordered them from local shops by telephone and online and in every case they are expensive and getting more so
now.
I live in Vancouver, Canada and have had lots of occasions to send flowers to Britain. I have used the following company who are based on Jersey for my orders. Their service is excellent and I can thoroughly recommend them. Have a look at their site https://www.flowersbypost.com/

Last edited:
Hi Jenny thanx for that link I will give it a try... I have been using 'Flying Flowers' for a number of years and was always very pleased with the pic's that Les sent me of what she received, however last year for Mom's 90th birthday we were very disappointed by what she recieved... so had to use 'interflora' this year which I found to be very much more expensive...
THE FLOWERS FOR MOM"S 90th
View attachment 53594 this is what they said she would receive

View attachment 53595 But this is what she did receive

We have used a company in Guernsey but now use a Scilly based company which has proved to be superb so far. I will get Linda to sort out the address and post it.

Jennyann my daughter in law and neighbour use the same company and have always been highly delighted with the flowers. Jean.

They look nothing like the picture - even taking into account they are more in bud than the open flowers.
I suppose some companies get away with it as the person who recieves the flowers is hardly going to complain to the sender, also they won't have seen the picture of what they should have recieved.
I hope your mums interflora flowers were better.
Polly :)

Pom if i paid for flowers of that standard i would be extremely disappointed it looks like various coloured Pinks to me at the moment they are in season and you could buy them in the shops for a couple of pounds a rip off if you ask me. Dek

I have always found the best and cheapest method of having flowers delivered abroad is to find a local florist to the recipient that offers a delivery service and order and pay for the flowers via the internet. I have yet to be disappointed with the flowers that I have purchased this way.

After all this is all Inter-flora is doing, but they take a commission.

Phil

Good idea and one which we have employed a lot. Sadly our local florist closed down so Linda's Mom now unable to send us flowers in that manner.

I was a florist in the UK and over here. Over here I also recommended customers did just what Jenny does and I do as well, contact a local florist to where you want the flowers sent. Interflora and Tele Flora costs as much in services as the flowers when sending them from here and also you have to pay the exchange rate on the pound or dollar. I have always found it much the more reliable way to go. I usually ask for a plant which lasts a lot longer and can often be put in the garden when it stops flowering. Mo

Back