• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Florance Flynn Nee Ward

castalla

master brummie
My aunt and uncle Tim Flynn lived at 504 Alum Rock Road, he Tim used to use the Brook pub, he came from cork Ireland and Married Florance B Ward in 1945, she passed away about 1965, though they lived in Alum Rock I don’t know if Florance came from the same area, her parents I am led to believe were Ronald C Ward and his wife was Marjoire D White, just wondering if there were any relatives of Florance out there of Florance reason being doing my family tree and have come to a standstill with info, she may have been a only child and had no siblings and she and Tim may not have had any children themselves.

Please send a message if anybody has any info.

Probably the Brook Hill pub.

Florence appears to have been born Florence B White, possibly in Leicestershire in 1901, she married a Charles H Ward in 1922. Among other Ward/White children registered in Bham are a Marjorie D (1923) and a Ronald C (1927). Charles possibly died in 1942.

There are no Flynn/White children listed in Bham.

And she was from Leicestershire. Florence Bertha White b1901 in Wigston, Leicestershire, died 1980 in Bham. Daughter of Arthur White and Ada Skemp.

thread moved from genealogy 30/09.

A liitle more information on Florence Bertha,

Florence Bertha White born 5th february 1901 Wigston
Park road South Wigston , leics with her father
Arthur white age 43 b Castle Donington , Railway wagon repairer
Ellen age 43 b Ripon , Yorkshire
4 sisters and 1 brother.

1939 48 Alma Cresecent , Birmingham

Charles H Ward b 15th July 1901 Railway wagon repairer
Florence B Ward b 5th february 1901
(blacked out) may be Marjorie b 1923
June b. 9th june 1925
(blacked out) Ronald C b1927
Kenneth b 1930

Hi some of the information was incorrect ,just had another look Arthur White didn't marry Ellen until 1904
the earlier White children are those of his first wife Ada who died in Leics Dec 1903 age 36 , possibly giving birth to their only son George Arthur b dec 1903.
Arthur and Ellen had a daughter Ada Georgina in 1905.

Back