• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

FLOOZIE

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
never mind about getting the floozie flowing again...maybe councillor ian ward should try to secure some funds to save the golden lion pub that is still languishing in cannon hill park...just goes to show how much the powers that be think this building is historically worth to the city of birmingham...disgraceful

lyn

Lyn

I don't think the £1.7 billion Transforming Cities Fund where the money has been obtained from goes as far as repairing listed buildings whatever we would like. Lets face if it did this all over the UK it would be gone within 5 minutes of the scheme opening. Lets just get the money and rectify (hopefully) one of Birmingham's landmarks.

yes phil i realised that...my point was that instead of councillors raving about things like the floozie being repaired maybe they should try and secure some money to save the golden lion before it really is too late although i think its a case of out of sight out of mind now

lyn

yes phil i realised that...my point was that instead of councillors raving about things like the floozie being repaired maybe they should try and secure some money to save the golden lion before it really is too late although i think its a case of out of sight out of mind now

lyn

Yes Lyn you know I agree with you entirely, but I am only glad that at least we are getting something done about one feature of Birmingham that I have always thought its predicament to be a disgrace. Over the years Birmingham has seen many water features come and go and in several of those cases water leakage has seemed to be the cause. All these features for one reason or another seem to have now disappeared from the face of the earth.

yes i agree with you phil...lets hope once its repaired it lasts a long time...have to say i do like any water features...they have a calming effect and lets face it that is what the centre of birmingham needs right now

lyn

never mind about getting the floozie flowing again...maybe councillor ian ward should try to secure some funds to save the golden lion pub that is still languishing in cannon hill park...just goes to show how much the powers that be think this building is historically worth to the city of birmingham...disgraceful

lyn

May 1911...

16C7B0A3-8610-4E80-B98D-1A34801C261B.jpeg

yes as pedros cutting states it was moved from its original spot in deritend to cannon hill park in 1911

i think it is a loverly place.it reminds me of christmas, and dickins.nostalger, something a concrete water statue does not have

Back