• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Flicker

Morturn

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see that Flicker is about to change their usage terms and conditions. It is currently set at 1Tb of data for a fee account. They are about to set a limit of 1,000 images before you must move to a pro (paid) account.

I don’t know how this will affect anyone here who is using a free account and has over 1,000 images, I have 1,200. I do recall the inconvenience that Photo Bucket caused when it suddenly wanted to start charging for linked content.

I have not made up my mind if I want to pay for a pro account as yet.

I have been with Flicker for some time now (with a pro account), they were recently taken over, I will jump ship if things start to get too bad I have recently had my 5 million visits to my photos, the good news is that in the new year the video length can be extended from it present level of 3 mins to 10 mins, I think that it will a case of watch this space, this chap is worth a visit he visit count must be about 15? million I would think https://www.flickr.com/photos/71592768@N08/albums

I have a Pro account, but haven't added any pictures since I gave up running a local photo group some 18 months ago. This year I renewed it, probably for the last time, and, of course, everything is backed up a couple of times on two portable hard drives. Whilst at the same time I have moved my website to a new server with unlimited space and everything else. More server space than I know what to do with! Whilst I have a few followers on Flickr, they must be getting bored that I haven't added anything in yonks! :)

Maurice

Last edited:
I was with Panoramio and really enjoyed the communication with people from all over the Globe. However it fell in to the hands of Google and they eventually closed it. I am now with Ipernity, but like many others, they charge if you wish to to upload a fair amount.

Back