• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fletcher

C

Catkin

Catherine Fletcher from Aston about 1850s could be later, she came from Ireland and was in the umbrella trade, i am also lead to believe ran a pub in the town at one time, Navigation inn has just come to my mind.
any help much appreciated. Catkin

Theres this one on the 1871 census in Aston.

Name:Catherine FletcherAge:30 Estimated birth year:abt 1841 Relation:Wife Spouse's name:MichaelGender:Female Where born:Battinghough, IrelandCivil parish:Aston Ecclesiastical parish:St Clement Town:Duddeston Cum Nechells County/Island:Warwickshire Country:England

bracket.png

Registration district:AstonSub-registration district:DuddestonED, institution, or vessel:39Household schedule number:46Household Members:NameAgeMargaret Carty70 Catherine Fletcher30 Mary A Fletcher3 Michael Fletcher35 Sarah J Fletcher1

box_arrow.gif

Thank you so much Barry, that could be the very one. cheers

:angel: I believe The Navigation Inn was on the corner of Bordesley Street, however I don't seem to have a picture of it, or any other information. (Sorry)

:angel: From the map it looks like 44 Oxford St would be the one... about where the green dot is.
Hope this helps and here's a pic' of 6 & 7, Court 17 Bordesley St, Just an idea of the area of old

Last edited:
Thank you John, I can't match any surnames, but she was married three times. Catkin

Thank you again pomagolian, I think it was in the city so would i be right at thinking Oxford street. Although the photograph is of olden times does'nt everything look so clean. Catkin

Back