• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Flares

That puts the image in the very late 60s/early 70s. There must have been yards and yards of material in the trousers on the right. They are high-waisted too, so I think these are most probably 70s trousers. Viv.

Remember going on our first foreign holiday to Lloret in 1975, my Wife 2 1/2 year old Daughter and myself all decked out in our denim suits complete with flares, boy did we think we looked good.

I had some sismilar ones (1976). They were difficult to walk in on a windy day and dreadful when it rained.
rosie.

Remember going on our first foreign holiday to Lloret in 1975, my Wife 2 1/2 year old Daughter and myself all decked out in our denim suits complete with flares, boy did we think we looked good.
Nick, photo`s please! As an ardent teddy boy i wouldn`t be seen dead in flares. I still wear a denim jacket when i`m gardening. Had to give the winkle pickers up though. o_O

I had a trouser suit with flared trousers. It was in a mustard/green/brown stripe and the material was as coarse as hell. Very uncomfortable. But teamed up with brown platforms felt like the flippin bees knees. That was my in my 'brown' phase ...... Viv.

Back