• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Flag Sauce

Another brown sauce I had forgotten turned up on my table as a surprise birthday present from one of my sons - a bottle of OK Sauce. I hadn't seen this one for years but turns out Colmans Mustard still make it for the Chinese market! The label is partly printed in Chinese and it's on sale at Wing Yips in Nechells where my son got it while looking round there. Not the same as Flag, as it is much fruitier, but is a nice tasty blast from the past in a cheese sandwich.

Flag sauce yum

Always used to reckon we were nearly home when I could smell the HP sauce factory. Gone but not forgotten............. Another bit of Brum lost!

Popped into B&M this morning.There on the shelf was DADIES sauce my favorite.Not had it for years,only £1 a large bottle.Took me back to childhood ,Bread & Butter and Daddies sauce sandwiches.OoooooooooH

When I was working for a builder as an apprentice joiner, T Humphries & Son of Tennent Street, Balsall Heath, I spent many weeks working in the factory & offices of Fardons Vinegar in Glover Street, they had premises on both sides of the road. I also worked on the house of I think John Fardon (probably a son) along Highfield Road, near Yardley Wood railway station. This was in the late fifties.

Back