• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Fishing Tackle Shop Gerrard Street

Kez0401

Brummie babby
Hi,
My partners Grandad, Percy, ran the fishing tackle shop on the corner of Gerrard Street and Lennox street in the 1960s.
We have been searching for any photos/anyone who knew the shop so hoping someone on here may be able to help.
Thankyou.

providing this is the correct corner i have this one taken in1968 corner of gerrard and lennox...if you zoom in closely above the door it looks like a fish...could this have been your shop...could we have percys surname as someone maybe able to check the directories to see what number the shop was

lyn

Lennox_Street_No_134_-160_From_Gerrard_Streetlyn__-_6-3-1968.jpg

Thats great. Percys surname was Edwards. Unfortunately my father in law, percys son, is no longer with us but my partner would love to know more about his grandad and his shop.
Thankyou.

ok hopefully one of our members can sort out the number of shop but i think its a good bet that the photo i have posted is the one...fingers crossed

lyn

go to post 5 which confirms it is the shop...thats a bit of luck..shame its boarded up but better than nothing

lyn

Back