• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fishing at Bewdley - painting

cookie273uk

master brummie
Just spent the whole day clearing my studio (converted bedroom) out and numerous certificates/awards came to light including my 1998 amateur Artist of the Year runner up diploma for Fishing at Bewdley awarded in the River and Seascape class. I notice it was 'hacked' so am replacing it. EricFishing at Bewdley.jpgArtist of the Year 1998.jpg

Last edited:
Well done, Eric. Even if a little belated, heartiest congratulations!

Chris

Forgot to mention the competition was held at the Westminster Gallery, London and sold the painting for £200, the second most (then) I had received for a painting, so all round was quite an eventful day, the award meant more to me than the money/sale though. Eric

eric i have not seen that one before it really is lovely and well done...i have always known just how much money your paintings were commanding and no doubt still would if you were to charge what they are worth...over the years you have painted ..framed and donated many many wonderful paintings for our meet up raffle prizes which are always much sought after...just thought this was worth mentioning to members who may not know you as well as some of us old timers do...thanks again eric you are a star

lyn x

Last edited:
Well Eric that is a beauty, known as the beautiful place. I love Bewdley and will pop over there for a quite afternoons walk.

Just spent the whole day clearing my studio (converted bedroom) out and numerous certificates/awards came to light including my 1998 Artist of the Year runner up diploma for Fishing at Bewdley awarded in the River and Seascape class. The competition is/was restricted to amateur artists only. I notice it was 'hacked' so am replacing it. EricView attachment 129198View attachment 129199
My Niece Claire is a doctor and has a new office around the corner, We had lunch at a pub along there.I understand it did flood out a lot but they have solved that problem Great painting thanks for sharing. Do you mind if I post it on my facebook page as a memory

Back