• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

First Pub I Went into

rowan

Born a Brummie
I knew nothing of pubs as a child but the first pub I ever went into when I was

about 17, with a then boyfriend, was The Peacock at Wythall.

The owner came over and asked my age "17" I replied innocently and honestly, much to

the disgust of the then boyfriend who kicked me! :eek: " Sorry but you are too young to be in

my pub" said the owner and so we had to leave. I was "dumped" that night!!!!!!!!!

We did get back together and marry BUT....................I wish we hadn't!!!!!!! :'(

first pub I went into, was the New Inns in Nechells...(can't remember the name of the road).
my best friend Christine's uncle Matt used to live on the road and we wagged school a bit in the summer of '73...
he used to let us hang out at his and his girlfriend's house, to put our make-up on, drink cider and smoke...
I was 2 weeks off 14...
we had been to the off licence to get a bottle of cider, and passed the open door of the pub (it was a lovely hot summer), and some lads playing darts called us in...
I fell in love with one of them...'Robin'
(crumbs, if he reads here I shall be embarrased :-[ ;D)

Mine wasn't really a pub..it was the Bar in the Roller Rink up Dudley Rd..I bought my first pint of Lager there..bloody awful..now I mainline it through a drip :)

:angel: mazbeth, This was The New Inns Gt Lister St in the 50's & 60's and was also the first Pub I had a drink in aged 18 'Port & Lemon' .

Chris :angel:

Pic' courtesy of Kandor 2005.

Last edited:
First pub

[FONT=&quot]First pub I went into? Sheesh! I really can’t remember. It’s a toss up between The Norton arms, Tyburn Road, The Swan, Erdington, The Roebuck Erdington, The Acorn (not the Little Acorn re-built on the site) or the Queens Head, Six Ways, Erdington. Wonderful – what was I saying? Oh yes, days! I think. Maybe. Another whatsit? Thingy- oh- beer called for!
[/FONT]

Back