• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lucas photos

M

mike-g

Edit. There is a large collection of photos (and some videos) of the Lucas company, on the “Lucas Memories” site here http://www.lucasmemories.co.uk/site/ Many photos were contributed directly to the site by Birmingham History Forum members.

Some of the photos also appeared on BHF, but over the years they may have been lost due to hacking of BHF. Most of these can still be seen on the “Lucas Memories” site. They are organised by factory/office location.

Some photographs I came across when looking for something else
first one is the G.K.S. fire engine at Moore Lane sports ground during a competition. second one competition judges conferring. third one my father Harry Guest retirement presentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Photo's Mike remembering happy days at Lucas Sports days:)

Many thanks mike-G for the photo's. I've been 'naughty' and printed off the first one to take into work tomorrow. We are doing 'People who help us' and this will do very nicely for a 'historical' picture!!!

hi jackie...you may already have this pic but i thought i would risk posting it :)

works outing shaftmoor lane about 1940

lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lyn

Another brilliant photo, it amazes me how they keep popplng up, no I have not got that one

Thanks a lot

Jackie

morning jackie...so pleased its a new one for you..i found it in a 2003 brummagem mag...will post if anymore turn up....

lyn

Hiya....

I've got 4 photo's from Lucas's, Shaftmoor lane/Spring road.... They belonged to my Aunt, Uncle & then Mother.... Now they're mine. Not sure if they're of interest to you, but here they are anyway.
First two are the same photo's, just slightly different.

View attachment 48544View attachment 48545

Last edited:
This last one is of someones 21st....

View attachment 48547
This one was taken by;

Midland Press Agency
Photographers
709 Stratford Road
Birmingham 11
Telephone: SPR. 3724

Last edited:
what wonderful photos albion...i am sure that jackie who works very hard keeping the memories and history of lucas alive will be delighted to see them....

lyn

Hi Albion

Yet again brilliant photos, I'm interested in any Lucas photos, even photos of Lucas workes where the factory has been taken over

Can you give me any more info on the photos, on the Shaftmoor Lane site there was 3 factory's

BW5 Gas Turbine now Aerospace
BW4 Lamps
BW3 Dynomos and Starters

I think it could be BW5 because you mention Spring Road
I have to be careful putting photo on the wrong site, I get emails telling me off

I will send you an email as I would like to have a chat with you if you don't mind

Jackle

My partner Jan found these photos and programme for Long Service Awards for 1974, her late mother-in-law, Susan Beer did over 25 years in the wages office at Great Hampton Street.

Jackie, will send you a full res scan, if you want.

Colin

wonderful colin..i noticed on the 40 year service list there is a miss partridge...wonder if its a rellie of our wendys.....

lyn

Back