• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Finding St Gabriels.

S

steerboy

Hi all
During my research into my family trees I have if possible gone to the Church where the individual was Baptised,Married or is buried to take a modern photo of the building for my paper files.
This as you can understand has taken me to some weird and wonderful places up the lanes and cart tracks of Worcestershire and Warwickshire and I have found that you get quite a buzz standing on the very spot where your ancestor got married or baptised as I did when I stood in front of the Font where my 4xgrandfather was baptised in 1793.
Thanks to the dedication of you the members I have managed to get two photos for my collection this week St James the Less and St Judes Hill St but I am still missing one St Gabriels Barn St which as you may know was bombed in WW2 if anyone out there can help me with a photo I would be much obliged.

Regards Steerboy

Back