• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Finding Pics on Picassa 3

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
Up to now I have been getting on fine with the new Post/system but now I find that I am unable to find the pic I want! once I get the final page, must be my brain, I have had more drugs that Elvis these last
few days, all legal I hasten to add, in our new hospital, sorry Bernard

Hi Bernard,
You could try finding your old army photos with the 'Search' feature in your computer, instead of using Picasa. Type in the name of your photo - example 'name of your photo'.jpg (without the quote marks) and if they are in the computer they should be located. I usually drag photos I'm going to upload into a folder I've created and named 'Send' so I know where they are when I start the upload procedure. You can then drag them back to your original folder after upload. Sorry to hear you have been hospital, get well soon.
Take care
oldmohawk:)

Hi Mo, the pictures I have lost were sent to me by my nephew Nick, I hadnt name them! think I must have delited them, anyway Pauline is coming for lunch tomorrow
so she will sort them out, she is very good on puter matters etc cheers Bernard

You could always try a program such as RECUVA that searches your disc for deleted stuff. I have used with partial success. I am terrible for loosing pictures and then finding them again thinking " How did they get there ?" Hope your health is improving ..arwkrite.

Hi Bernard,
You can't beat having someone next to your 'puter for help, because it is sometimes difficult to explain in words. I sometimes solve a problem on my 'puter, and then next day can't remember how I done it !!
I keep a copy of my all my pictures on USB memory sticks so if the 'puter fails I've still got the pictures.
all the best
oldmohawk

Hello again, I have had two experts to see me this week, Pauline on Friday (she had liver +onions Jean) and Steven my son in law, they both say I must have delited
them! I shall have to get Nick to send then again when he returns from the Sunshine State USA, I have the cardiac nurse coming to see me tomorrow, thankfully my legs and ankles have gone down, but with three water tables a day they should do , I thought my little dog held the record for the number of Wees in one
journey, but I am catching him up!! bye Bernard

If You delete files off, like My Document and My Pictures they will delete from Picassa. Well that my experiance anyway.

Thanks Frothy, thats what I did, the pics came in by Email from my nephew, I thought I could delite the
message and leave the pics, but no! the whole lot went, never to return, Nick is visiting his family in the
States at the moment but I will get him to send them again. He used to teach computer knowhow in one of
the uni s in America, bye Bernie

Thanks Frothy, thats what I did, the pics came in by Email from my nephew, I thought I could delite the
message and leave the pics, but no! the whole lot went, never to return, Nick is visiting his family in the
States at the moment but I will get him to send them again. He used to teach computer knowhow in one of
the uni s in America, bye Bernie

Photobucket is a good place to keep your photos Bernard

message and leave the pics, but no! the whole lot went, never to return,
do you have a deleted e-mail folder that you can rescue it from
or has it been permanently deleted?

Frothblower is right, Photobucket is great to store pics of all kinds in
it's free, gives you loads of space - I've been using it since 2004 and have thousands of pics on there

it also, very helpfully, provides ready made links for posting pictures on forums like this
links come under each picture uploaded to your Photobucket album

https://photobucket.com/

sometimes you can save pics from an e-mail by using right-click and save-as
but not always [not sure why]
then they can be uploaded to online storage, like Photobucket, ready to be shared with others

Back