• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Final plans and demolision of the crocodile works alma street

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks...for those of you who have shown an interest in the croc works and after all the speculation as to what will be happening i thought you may find this of interest...i was very kindly sent this some time ago by john houghton who knew of my keen interest in the area. it is only now that i have been able to post it as work has now commenced.....i have also been down to the site today to take what will be my last pics until the work has been completed...hope you find it of interest and at least some of the buildings will be retained.....

lyn

todays pics to follow....

Last edited:
lol rob...those shots i took on alma street looking onto the site i had to put the strap of the camera round me wrist and squeeze me hand though the bars whilst trying to hold the camera steady with the other...and in porchester st i was only allowed to step about a foot onto the site which of course is quite right ....glad i got down there though as ive been following the developements of this from the start...

lyn

Lyn yet another brilliant piece of detective work and photo's as well!

hey now steady on there..all i am doing now is something i have always wanted to do and thats follow my interest in the history of birmingham..i have taken so much out of this forum over the past 18 months or so and its just nice to be able to put a little back in...

hope virusman dont read this..he will be getting right confused...lol...

lyn

Good on you lyn. This place was quite a site to explore even when I got there a few months ago. Most of those shots(the main door, the staircase) I've been inside, and it was quite a buzz until the police turned up and booted us off the site!!!!
Just a couple agian for you all to see it from the inside......

DSCF7894.jpg

DSCF7936.jpg

DSCF7876.jpg

DSCF7660.jpg

DSCF7701.jpg

Great stuff Lyn...well done. Looking forward to seeing how the "Crocodile" site looks when the rebuild is finished.

i know i said i wouldnt go down to the croc site again but i couldnt resist taking a peep the other day...redevolpment seems well under way now...pics not the best as i did not have my good camera with me...

lyn

just thought i would reopen this thread as there are pics here taken by myself and virusman

lyn

hi folks...for those of you who have shown an interest in the croc works and after all the speculation as to what will be happening i thought you may find this of interest...i was very kindly sent this some time ago by john houghton who knew of my keen interest in the area. it is only now that i have been able to post it as work has now commenced.....i have also been down to the site today to take what will be my last pics until the work has been completed...hope you find it of interest and at least some of the buildings will be retained.....

lyn

todays pics to follow....
Just found these posts, but I cannot access any of the photos....help..
edmc

Are these pictures accessible?

any photos posted on this forum prior to late 2010 we lost due to the forum being hacked..

the photos i took i no longer have on my lap top but i did transfer them to a disc which i still have...only problem is i will have to wait until my son visits as i have no idea at all how to transfer them from disc to lappy...as soon as that is done i will happily re post the missing images

lyn

Back