• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Film cameras

I am sure the members would love to see some of your images. I too have a certian amount of nostalgia for film cameras

I have two drawers upstairs full of stuff as shown below. Cables for obsolete printers, computers etc. My first digital camera a Casio which used compact flash cards with a massive 32Mb memory. Something called 'Shanghai Moons Automation' ... I've forgotten what I used it for ... I suppose Google would tell me.

Other items as can be seen ... I didn't look in the other drawer, I think it is full of chargers ... :grinning:
Img__0133.jpg

Last edited:
I have two drawers upstairs full of stuff as shown below. Cables for obsolete printers, computers etc. My first digital camera a Casio which used compact flash cards with a massive 32Mb memory. Something called 'Shanghai Moons Automation' ... I've forgotten what I used it for ... I suppose Google would tell me.

Other items as can be seen ... I didn't look in the other drawer, I think it is full of chargers ... :grinning:
View attachment 134740
Phew, i thought i was the only one who didn`t throw old techie stuff away. I`ve got more cables than the old Maplin stores!

Like evey one else I also have a tea chest full of photography bits and pieces plus boxes of cables and chargers I cannot remember to what....Might need them one day, I keep telling the wife.....

The Casio camera seen in #8 was bought in 1999. It used AA batteries and old style Compact Flash memory cards. It was too large to fit in my pocket when visiting the grandkids so I bought a compact and the Casio lay unused. Recently I put some new batteries in but a message showed 'need to format the memory card' and it would not.
It took quite decent close-up photos as shown below.
BeeLavender.jpg

View attachment 134740
Just what I needed a picture of what's in your draws on a Sunday

Likewise I have tons of cables, cameras, CD drives, memory on the basis of never throw it away as you might need it one day. That was valid when I was the foreign residents go to repair/update man a few years ago. But three or four years ago I made it quite clear that I was no longer prepared to serve in that role. Damn it - I've still got the boxes of outdated gear. I keep telling the other half that I will clear it all out, but never seem to find time to do it, but she's a horder like me! Help! o_O:eek::cool::mad::p

Maurice

I have 3 top of the range digital cameras, but just fancied going back to basics and film.
The Casio camera seen in #8 was bought in 1999. It used AA batteries and old style Compact Flash memory cards. It was too large to fit in my pocket when visiting the grandkids so I bought a compact and the Casio lay unused. Recently I put some new batteries in but a message showed 'need to format the memory card' and it would not.
It took quite decent close-up photos as shown below.
View attachment 134741

I think thats a super image, spot on. I see lots of photographers buying their photography and treating camera equipment like fishing tackle, most of it is there to catch the angler not the fish.

In the 1970s I took lots of 35mm slide pics but could only look at them with a small viewer. I fitted the previously mentioned Casio camera to a wooden jig positioned 2" from a slide held in a cardboard holder with a back light behind it and photographed about a 100 of them to view in a computer. A sample below and looking at it now there is darkening at the corners but these days I could easily remedy that with an image editor.
03230024.jpg

Back