• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

FIFIELDS Harriet and Thomas william

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Information for Edifi

Thomas William Fifield and Harriett Parslow married 1935

1939 , 183 Inkerman street
Thomas William Fifield b 17th May 1908 fibre dresser
Harriett b 28th august 1909
entry blacked out will be Roy b 1936

1911 29 Dollman Street Vauxhall
Thomas William Fifield age 25 Carter
Frances age 25 (nee Gilbert)
William age 2 (Thomas Wm)
Elizabeth Gilbert 21
Leonard Gilbert 20

Harriet Parslow was the daughter of Edward Parslow and Lucy Ann (nee Windle)
I can find Edward in 1911 with his parentsd and family in New Canal Stret but even though he says he is married there is no sign on 1911 census of Lucy ann Parslow or Harriett.

Alberta,Many thanks for your informationon my mother and father.I was born in 1939 at 183 inkerman St.My grandfather was in the army in 1914-18 war.He was discharged in917with shell shock and put in Monyull Colony.My mother thought he had died in the war.But only found out when he died in1975 that he had been in there all those years.What a shock to her it was,her mother had passed away1951

Can you please help with my in laws family their names were Harry &Louisa OVERY.Who lived in FORD St HOCKLEY

1939 at Ct 6 house 8 Ford Street.
Harry Overy b 9th Jan 1884 Brass and copper tube drawer.
Louisa M (nee smart) b 13th May 1882
their children were Harry 1912
William J 1913
Louisa M 1917.

Edward Parslow is on the 1939 census in Rubery hill hospital
He died on the 9th January 1964 and probate was granted to Harriett Fifield.

Sorry for the mistake trying to get used to the forum putting it on the wrong thread.Also about my grandfather death in 1964.The mind does play tricks at 80

The electoral role is confusing as there was no court at the back No 8 Ford Street. (I lived No 4). I Think its the back of No 27 or 28

Carolina. that address would be house no 8 in court 6 as seen below in blue (the map already had no 19 on it, nothing to do with this thread
map c 1950 ford st showing no 19 and court 6.jpg

Totally confused there Mike I thought on this thread they were talking about where the Overy's lived in Ford Street

Carolina
On post 4 Alberta gave an address for the Overys of 1939 at Ct 6 house 8 Ford Street. I was showing where that address was

Thanks Mike as I say confusing when I lived there (and delivered newspapers) there were never Courts just 'back ofs'

No 3 back 28 Ford st could be described under another name, or it could have been unoccupied. Anyway, below is the previous map with 3 back 28 added in green

map c 1950 ford st showing no 19 and court 6 and 3 back 28.jpg

Back