• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fernwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Charlie I will be sad to read the end.

This has been fascinating Cromwell.

Thank you so much for this topic.

Fay

For me this has been a journey of discovery and about the folk in Brum from the 1900's till 1928's ish what I have uncovered is quite amazing and with over 30 photo's of the people involved what a gem of information that has been left ..I am trying to sort the fact from the fiction which really is quite easy as I know my history about Brum and the Folk who lived their ..and I know where to look to confirm facts..shortly names will emerge and if anyone has anything to add ...please do (I have got a good lawyer)

The Story of Fernwood does not end ....As I am going to try to dispute some of the evidence of above which will come later
At the centre of the roulette wheel is Ernest Walter Beston
1 Mrs E.W.Beston
2 Miss Daisy Mabel Hannan
3 Mr Harry Millson
4 Mr Walter Turner
5 Mrs H.Millson
6 Mrs W.Turner
7 Mr E.J.Whitehouse..Printer
8 Colonel Hannan
9 Mr T.W. Tibbets
10 Mr Shuan Glenville
11 Miss Dorothy Ward, Music Hall Star
12 Professor A.Blitz
13 “Bob Martin”
14 Mr E.H. Symonds
15 Mrs Eric Beston
16 Miss R.Reaney
17 Mr Charles Wilson
18 Mr C.Sharp-Smith
19 Mrs Jessie Thurston
20 Captain Beckerleg
21 Mr H.Beston
22 Mr Frank Mathews
23 Mr Charles Lane..Birmingham Jeweller
24 Mr Len Thorneloe of the “Gazette”
25 Mr W.H.Burford
26 Miss Connie Footitt
27 Mr A.E.Guy Pritchard
28 Mr Tom Black
29 Miss Nellie Blitz
30 Mr Archie Millership of “Lanchester” Cars
31 Mr A. Porter
32 Nurse Emily Oran “Ernestine”
33 Mrs W.Claypole
34 Mr Claypole
35 Mr E.C.Mountfort “Cartoonist”
36 Miss Kitty Beckerleg
0 Miss Muriel Beckerleg
Picture to follow ............................

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Nick ..
First pic is a drawing from The Little Black Book of E.W.B others are of Dorothy

I pass the Lodge twice a day 5 days a week on my way to work and have always thought it looked strange - just wasn't in context and didn't fit in with the other houses.

Now I know why.

Cromwell

What prompted you to research this topic and how did you come across so much information.

Fay

Fay...Lets just say you might have one of the Beast's on the Forum...but that is for you to guess ?

Last edited by a moderator:
A Flyer from 1888 Days Musical Hall Crystal Palace of Varieties
In order of appearance on the bill at No 18 is Herr A. Blitz
On E.W.B roulette wheel he is No 12 Prof.A. Blitz

I was taking a long break from the forum for reasons I don't want to go into....but the large package I received this morning change things slightly...it came by Amtrak, as at the moment the post is on strike..
Large Heavy Parcel so unwrapping it what did I find ?
Something from the past
A wooden Black Box and inside two bottles of G.H.Mumms Cordon Rouge Champagne and a bottle of my favorite tipple.....
and a confidential letter
So Its nice to know someone appreciates all the hard work I have put into this thread and I roared with laughter ....is someone trying to silence me by buying me off or is this a gift for all the info I have put out
or something from the past ?
Old E.W.B. would be laughing his socks off......
So now I cannot leave it at that ..
Pics... the box and contents
and I have put a page on from the Little Black Book

Cromwell

Was just going to ask if the Fernwood story had finished (don't know if I missed anything but it seemed to hang in mid air) then I read your recent post.

This is fascinating. I cannot get my breath. Who would send you these things.

I have to say I couldn' read the page (not even with my magnifying glass) - but this is so eerie.

Please keep us upto date on this one.

Cannot wait for the outcome.

Fay

Fay, A Lot of interesting things have come to me from this post....more than anything I have posted....So just watch this space ...but it might take a while ...

Cromwell - your'e back - how wonderful.

I have been waitng with baited breath to find out the outcome, as I am sure most members have.

We are all hanging on in there to find out what happened. So I guess we can wait a while longer.

Fay

Wonderful photo of Fernwood Grange which I think you deserved after I polished the contents of the box off..........

Fernwood replies here

Hi Cromwell, where you been, we've missed ya....you can delete this when you've read it...love the photo :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back