• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Fentham Road School

jennyann

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Fentham Girls School, Erdington
(closed l970's-Now Education Resource Centre)

Pitman's College, Corporation Street (demolished)

I'll post badge for Fentham
Not sure about Pitman's badge- it was in shorthand I remember. This school was a high school)

I don't have an actual badge for Fentham Girls School but I have the school crest same as the badge from the Centennial Reunion
Programme. The Reunion was held in Sutton Town Hall on 18th April,
2004 with 375 ex-pupils attending. Hubby, who designed the programme managed to reproduce the crest from an old faded one someone sent to us.

Has anyone got any photographs of Fentham Road school , previously known as Fentham Road girls school. ?

I went Fentham Girl's mid 60's,school motto was 'Look,do and be your best'.Houses were Tudor,Stuart,Hanover and I was in Windsor.
I also remember the headmistresses Miss Vaughn and Miss Slade.
Here's a photo of the Rose Festival.School 002.jpg1964?
Is there a thread for the school or any appropriate websites?
How do we view the thumbnails?

AMJ some of the previous thumbnails are not viewable owing to the forum being hacked some time ago. Are you on Friends Reunited as you may find some info on there,

I remember the head mistress of Feltham School was still wearing her academic gown in the late 60’s

Fentham road is a Road. I assume you mean from a school. It does help to make this clear. A please is also courteous. This is not Facebook

There is a thread for Fentham Road School

Hello everyone, I'm looking for some information on behalf of my aunt, who was a pupil at Fentham Road school in the 1940s. Her name is Esther Barbara Williams, known as Barbara.

She recalls a school visit to post-war Paris at Easter, either 1946 or 1947. There was a civic reception laid on by Parisian dignitaries and photos were taken of the group outside the Hotel de Ville. The pupils stayed in the dormitories of a school in the city.

Does anyone else remember this visit or know anything about it? My aunt is interested to know why it was arranged - she was told it was the first school visit to Paris after the war and she wonders why Birmingham schoolchildren were selected.

I've not found anything online about it, so any help would be much appreciated! The school records are now in Birmingham Library, but before I trek down from Yorkshire to have a look, I was hoping someone here on the forum might remember or know about this Paris trip.

Thank you in advance!

Back